The Nebraska State Historical Society is continually searching for pieces of Nebraska's past and for ways to share our rich Nebraska history with others. The Foundation assists the Society in its ongoing endeavor to broaden and strengthen its work as publisher, explorer and guardian over historical sites and artifacts throughout Nebraska by securing additional funding.
Gifts to the Foundation can be made in several ways:
- Cash or credit card gifts are among the most common. Use our form on the following page to complete your cash or credit card gift.
- Appreciated securities can be donated. The current value is used as the tax-deductible gift amount and taxes on capital gains are avoided.
- Current value of buildings or land donated is used for income tax deductions--no capital gain taxes are due, and estate taxes may be decreased or eliminated.
- Life insurance can provide an inexpensive, flexible, and discrete deferred gift--and contributions to the Foundation for premium payments may be tax-deductible.
- A gift by bequest is the most common deferred gift--and often the most practical way for those who wish to make a major contribution.
- Charitable gift trusts and annuities provide lifetime income for the donor as well as tax benefits and, as deferred gifts, support historical purposes after donor's death.
- Named permanent endowments or restricted funds can be established through gifts or bequests of $25,000 or more, providing ongoing support for areas of special interest to the donors.
For assistance or information about how to make an outright or deferred gift; include the Foundation in your will; earn income from your gift; establish a memorial fund; or designate support for a particular purpose, please contact:
Nebraska State Historical Society Foundation
128 North 13th Street, #1010
Lincoln, NE 68508
For questions or comments on the website
itself, email email@example.com