C. C. Hampton Homestead (Warner Ranch), pdf [BN00-029] Listed 1984/12/13
The Hampton Homestead is located in the high plains of Banner County along the headwaters of Pumpkin Creek. The ranch headquarters consists of several buildings and corrals including the 1890 log ranch house. Commodore C. Hampton came to the area in the 1880s, filing a homestead claim of 160 acres. He established one of the first Aeromotor Windmill distributorships in Nebraska and promoted this windmill to his fellow ranchers to assure an adequate water supply in the Pumpkin Creek valley. Within ten years the homestead grew to a ranch of over 3,000 acres. After various ownership changes, the property was purchased by Lawrence Warner in 1942 and became known as the Warner Ranch.
How to list a property on the National Register
Return to Nebraska National Register Sites Index Page
Return to National Register information