Gosper County Courthouse, pdf [GO01-001] Listed 1990/07/05
Gosper County was organized in 1873 with Daviesville the first county seat. The community retained that standing until 1884 when a county election made Homerville the county seat. With construction of the Burlington Railroad in the county beginning in 1886, there was considerable interest in moving the county seat to a site on the railroad. The third and final move of the county seat occurred in 1889, when Elwood was voted county seat. The wood-frame courthouse was moved to Elwood, where it served the county until a fire destroyed it in 1895. Its 1896 replacement served until the present Art Deco-style courthouse was constructed in 1939.
How to list a property on the National Register
Return to Nebraska National Register Sites Index Page
Return to National Register information