Official Nebraska Government Website Nebraska State Historical Society

Federated Community Church (Fairmont, Neb.)


RG3178.AM:  Federated Community Church (Fairmont, Neb.)

Records:  1872-1966
Fairmont, Fillmore County, Neb.:  Presbyterian Church
Size:  3 volumes on 1 reel of microfilm + 2 items

BACKGROUND NOTE

A Presbyterian Sunday School was organized near Fairmont, Nebraska, in May of 1871. The following February, the First Presbyterian Church of Fairmont was organized under the direction of Rev. David Fleming. A church building was constructed, and later remodeled and enlarged.

On January 1, 1923, the Presbyterian Church federated with the Congregational Church of Fairmont, forming the Federated Community Church. In 1924 ground was broken for a new brick church building which was completed in 1926. The Federated Community Church of Fairmont held a celebration on January 4, 1946, commemorating the 75th anniversary of the Presbyterian and Congregational Churches, and the 25th anniversary of the Federated Community Church.

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE

This collection consists of three volumes of records of the Presbyterian unit of the Federated Community Church of Fairmont, Nebraska, on one reel microfilm. These records relate to the activities of the Presbyterian Congregation of Fairmont, 1872-1966, and include rolls of pastors, elders, trustees, communicants, baptisms, marriages, and deaths. Also included are minutes of session, and annual meetings. This collection was loaned for microfilming in May of 1969.

Two additional items were received after the filming of the original collection. These two items are not on microfilm.

DESCRIPTION

Reel 1
Volume
  1. Roll of Pastors, 1872-1959
    Roll of Elders, 1872-1964
    Roll of Deaconesses, 1947-1964
    Roll of Trustees, 1914-1964
    Roll of Communicants, 1872-1964
    Index to Roll of Communicants, Reserve Roll, 1914-1960
    Reserve Roll, 1914-1960
    Register of Marriages, 1914-1944
    Register of Deaths, 1914-1962
  2. Minutes of session and annual meetings, 1914-1961
  3. Minutes of annual meetings, 1959-1966
Item
  1. Manual of the First Congregational Church, Fairmont, Neb., May, 1888
  2. Membership roster (see oversize)

 

ADDED ENTRIES:

Fairmont (Neb.) -- Churches
Federated Community Church (Fairmont, Neb.)
Fillmore County (Neb.) -- Churches
Presbyterian Church in Nebraska

 

Revised 09-27-2008   TMM

 

For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.


NSHS Home  |  Search  |  Index  |  Top

http://www.nebraskahistory.org/lib-arch/research/manuscripts/church/fairmont-federated.htm
Last updated 13 February 2009

For questions or comments on the website itself, email nshs.web@nebraska.gov
Nebraska State Historical Society - P.O. Box 82554, 1500 R Street, Lincoln, NE 68501
Nebraska State Government Homepage
 |  Website Policies  |  © 2009 All Rights Reserved