RG0874.AM: Grace Episcopal Church (Red Cloud, Neb.)
Red Cloud, Webster County, Neb.:
Size: 4 items
Grace Episcopal Church was organized in 1879 in Red Cloud, Nebraska. It was attended by one of Red Cloud's most celebrated families, the Cathers, and is immortalized briefly in Willa Cather's novel, The Lost Lady. It lapsed as an active congregation around 1969. The present church building, erected in 1883, is now part of the Willa Cather Foundation.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of four Articles of Agreement between the Grace Episcopal Church of Red Cloud and Emil Frei, Inc., of St. Louis and Munich, an art-glass company. The articles relate to the design and construction of five stained glass windows for the church. In each case, Mrs. W. A. Sherwood of Red Cloud represented the church.
Articles of Agreement, 1928-1931 (see OB033)
Art glass -- Nebraska -- Red Cloud
Cather, Willa Siebert, 1873-1947
Emil Frei, Inc. (St. Louis, Mo.; and Munich, Germany)
Grace Episcopal Church (Red Cloud, Neb.)
Red Cloud (Neb.) -- Churches
Sherwood, Mrs. W. A.
Webster County (Neb.) -- Churches
03-09-2007 Revised TMM/tmm
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.