RG3062.AM: First Presbyterian Church (Hansen, Neb.)
Hansen, Adams County, Neb.: Presbyterian church
Size: 1 volume on 1 reel of microfilm
The beginning of a Presbyterian movement in Hansen, Nebraska, was made by John and Aaron Powers, when they established a Sunday school in the early 1870s. On September 7, 1879, a Presbyterian Society was established, with Reverend G.L. Little acting as moderator and Reverend D.S. Schaff as clerk. Early meetings were held in a country schoolhouse, but later moved to Hansen when a schoolhouse was erected in that town in the summer of 1880. That same summer the first services were held by Reverend Wessels. In 1885 a church building was constructed in Hansen.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of one reel of microfilm containing one volume of session records relating to the affairs of the First Presbyterian Church of Hansen, Nebraska, 1899-1968. Included are minutes, rolls of membership, records of baptisms, marriages and deaths, and lists of ministers, elders, and trustees. This collection is only available on microfilm.
Volume 1 including:
- Minutes, 1899-1958
- Minutes of Session, 1943-1948, 1959-1968
- Roll of members, 1893-1968
- Baptisms-adult, 1899-1966
- Baptisms-infant, 1900-1965
- Deaths, 1900-1965
- Marriages, 1931-1964
- Reserved roll, 1899-1964
- Ministers, 1898-1964
- Elders, 1914-1966
- Trustees, 1915-1966
Adams County (Neb.) -- Churches
First Presbyterian Church (Hansen, Neb.)
Hansen (Neb.) -- Churches
Presbyterian Church -- Nebraska
04-14-2008 Revised TMM/tmm
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.