RG4040.AM: Salem United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)
Lincoln, Lancaster County, Neb.: United Church of Christ
Size: 1 reel of microfilm
This church was organized in 1901 by a group of Germans from Russia recently settled in the "North Bottom" area of Lincoln. First named the German Evangelical Congregational Salem Church, the congregation erected a building at 9th and Charleston Streets. This church was affiliated with the German Congregational Church of America and became a member of the United Church of Christ when that body was formed in the early 1960s. In 1967 the Salem Church merged with nearby St. John's United Church of Christ to form Faith United Church of Christ. The new church occupies the old Salem Church buildings and the St. John's property was sold.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTEThis collection of the records of Salem United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.) consists of one volume on one reel of microfilm. This volume dates from 1901-1967 and contains records of membership, baptisms, marriages and burials. It was loaned for microfilming in April of 1981 by the Faith United Church of Christ and is filmed on one reel together with the records of St. John's United Church of Christ. The records of their successor church, Faith United Church of Christ, are located on reel 2 of the collection.
- Church records, 1901-1967
Congregational Church in Nebraska
Evangelical Synod of North America
Faith United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)
Germans from Russia in Nebraska
Lancaster County (Neb.) -- Churches
Lincoln (Neb.) -- Churches
Salem United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)
St. John's United Church of Christ (Lincoln, Neb.)
United Church of Christ in Nebraska
Revised 06-05-2009 TMM
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.