Official Nebraska Government Website Nebraska State Historical Society

St. Paul Lutheran Church (Osceola, Neb.)


RG3176.AM:  St. Paul Lutheran Church (Osceola, Neb.)

Records:  1903-1969
Osceola, Polk County, Neb.:  Lutheran church
Size:  1 reel of microfilm

HISTORICAL NOTE

The St. Paul Lutheran Church of Osceola, Nebraska, was organized in 1903, and services were held in the Presbyterian Church until 1908. The Rev. O.A. Johnson was the first regular pastor. In 1908 a church building and a parsonage were constructed at an approximate cost of $8,000. The congregation of the St. Paul Lutheran Church was predominately of Swedish extraction, and services were conducted in both the Swedish and English languages. In 1953 the Church observed its 50th Anniversary, and in 1960, a new church building was completed. Active organizations with the church include the Ladies' Aid, Luther League, Women's Missionary Society, and the Sunday School.

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE

This collection consists of five volumes of records of the St. Paul Lutheran Church of Osceola, Nebraska, on one reel of microfilm. These records relate to church activities, 1903-1969, and include registers of baptisms, marriages, funerals, confirmations, and memberships. Also included are the minutes of the congregational meetings, 1959-1968, and the minutes of the church council, 1962-1968.

DESCRIPTION

Reel 1
Volume
  1. Records of Baptisms, 1903-1969
    Records of Confirmations, 1903-1968
    Records of Marriages, 1906-1969
    Records of Reception of Members, 1904-1968
    Records of Dismissal of Members, 1904-1968
    Records of Funerals, 1903-1969
  2. General Index
    Parish Register, 1903-1969 (includes birthplace, baptism, confirmation, nativity, marriages, removals and dismissals, and deaths of members)
  3. Minutes of the Church Council, 1962-1968
    Financial records, 1962-1968
  4. Minutes of congregational meetings, 1959-1968
    Articles of incorporation
    Constitution
    Pastoral Reports, 1959-1968
    Financial Reports, 1959-1968
  5. "Book of Remembrance," presented to St. Paul's Church on its 50th Anniversary by Mr. and Mrs. Otto B. Nelson. This volume records special observances and celebrations of St. Paul's Church, 1953-1968

 

ADDED ENTRIES:

Lutheran Church in Nebraska
Osceola (Neb.) -- Churches
Polk County (Neb.) -- Churches
St. Paul Lutheran Church (Osceola, Neb.)
Swedes in Nebraska

 

Revised 06-22-2009   TMM

 

For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.


NSHS Home  |  Search  |  Index  |  Top

http://www.nebraskahistory.org/lib-arch/research/manuscripts/church/osceola-lutheran.htm
Last updated 22 June 2009

For questions or comments on the website itself, email nshs.web@nebraska.gov
Nebraska State Historical Society - P.O. Box 82554, 1500 R Street, Lincoln, NE 68501
Nebraska State Government Homepage
 |  Website Policies  |  © 2009 All Rights Reserved