RG3155.AM: Second Congregational Church (Plymouth, Neb.)
Plymouth, Jefferson County, Neb.: Congregational Church
Size: 1 volume on 1 reel of microfilm
The Second Congregational Church of Plymouth, Nebraska, was organized on April 10, 1894. It was so named because the nearby Congregational Church of Plymouth was located only three miles south of the Village. In the same year, the congregation erected a church building at a cost of $1,208.00 which was dedicated on August 19, 1894. J.B. Doolittle served as first pastor. In 1905 the dwindling congregation deeded the church building to the Methodist Episcopal Church of Plymouth and the members were issued letters of dismissal.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of records of the Second Congregational Church of Plymouth, Nebraska, dating from 1894-1905. The records relate to the history and activities of the Second Congregational Church of Plymouth, Nebraska from its organization in 1894 until it was disbanded in 1905. Included is a detailed history of the church as well as minutes of annual meetings.
- 1894-1905: Includes church history, incorporation, membership files, treasurer's reports, and minutes of annual meetings.
Congregational Church in Nebraska
Jefferson County (Neb.) -- Churches
Plymouth (Neb.) -- Churches
Second Congregational Church (Plymouth, Neb.)
Revised 12-08-2008 TMM
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.