RG3204.AM: First Christian Church (York, Neb.)
York, York County, Neb.: Christian church
Size: 1 reel of microfilm
The First Christian Church of York, Nebraska, traces its origins to early religious meetings held in Lockridge Pct., beginning in 1876. However, it was not until 1883 that the Church was legally registered, and the first building was constructed the following year. In 1898, the building was moved to its present location at 8th and Platte Streets in York, and extensive remodeling was undertaken. Dedication ceremonies for the newly remodeled structure were held in October of 1901. Physical improvements to the church facilities continued throughout the years. Preliminary plans for a new educational building were initiated in 1952, and ground for the structure was broken on May 5 of that year. The building was completed and dedicated in March of 1958.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists one reel of microfilm containing a scrapbook relating to the history of the First Christian Church of York, Nebraska, 1876-1969. Included are photographs, newspaper clippings, lists of pastors, programs of special services, and general histories of church activities, 1883-1967. This scrapbook was loaned for microfilming by Mrs. F.M. Cummings of York, Nebraska, in August of 1969.
- Scrapbook, 1876-1969
Christian Church in Nebraska
Disciples of Christ in Nebraska
First Christian Church (York, Neb.)
York (Neb.) -- Churches
York County (Neb.) -- Churches
Revised 10-28-2009 TMM
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.