RG5549.AM: Nebraska Citizens Council, Inc. (Neb.)
Nebraska: Non-profit organization
Size: 0.5 cu. ft., 1 box
The Nebraska Citizens Council was incorporated as a non-profit organization on December 4, 1951 by a statewide group of civic-minded leaders representing business, agriculture, and industry. It was a non-political organization whose purpose was to aid in the accomplishment of more efficient government at the lowest cost to the taxpayer.*
* Nebraska Citizens Council, Inc. 1959 Annual Report (B1, F8)
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection consists of one box of papers relating to the Nebraska Citizens Council. Materials include informational brochures, form letters, reports, newsletters, and misc. other publications relating to government spending and tax reform. Items in the collection date from 1950-1961. Of particular interest are typescripts of addresses made at the annual tax conference in 1957. Some of the speakers included former mayor of Lincoln, Clark Jeary, Senator Carl Curtis, Governor Victor Anderson, Senator Ray Simmons, and Senator John Beaver.
- Publications, reports, etc., 1950-1952
- Publications, reports, etc., 1953
- Publications, reports, etc., 1954
- Publications, reports, etc., 1955
- Publications, reports, etc., 1956
- Publications, reports, etc., 1957, pt. 1
- Publications, reports, etc., 1957, pt. 2
- Publications, reports, etc., 1958-1961
For additional information about this collection, please contact our Library Staff.