Official Nebraska Government Website Nebraska State Historical Society

Wausa, Nebraska Booster Cards


Wausa, Nebraska, originally named Thorson, was established in 1890. Its peak population reached a mere 754 in 1930. These postcards are typical examples of what were known as booster cards. They were used to advertise a town's amenities to attract new citizens and businesses.

First Methodist Church 103322
First Methodist Church and Parsonage, Wausa, Nebraska.

U.S. Mail Wagon 103323
U.S. Mail Wagon, Wausa, Nebraska, about 1900.


Search the Library/Archives Databases for Research Materials

 


NSHS Home  |  Search  |  Index  |  Top

http://www.nebraskahistory.org/lib-arch/research/treasures/wausa_booster_cards.htm
Last updated 26 April 2004

For questions or comments on the website itself, email nshs.web@nebraska.gov
Nebraska State Historical Society - P.O. Box 82554, 1500 R Street, Lincoln, NE 68501
Nebraska State Government Homepage
 |  Website Policies  |  © 2009 All Rights Reserved