1. Describe three ways in which the explorers paved the way for settlers' to Nebraska.
2. Who were the explorers sent to explore the Louisiana Purchase?
3. List three explorers other than the Louisiana Purchase explorers and tell where their journey took them.
4. Which city in Nebraska was named after one of the explorers? ________________
5. What countries did these explorers represent and what did they want to find?
Colonel Pedro de Villasur
Etienne Veniard de Bourgmont
Pierre and Paul Mallet
6. Which flags have the color red in them?
7. Describe the flag made by John C. Fremont's wife.
8. Which explorer convinced the Pawnee to change the flag they were flying in 1806, and what country's flag was removed?