Objectives: Pupils will
- learn about early Nebraska explorers and their expeditions
- examine why different countries were interested in this land
- learn about the many different flags that flew over Nebraska.
- Nebraska was part of the Louisiana Purchase which Thomas Jefferson bought from France.
- Meriwether Lewis and William Clark were chosen to explore, map, and document the land and natural resources of the Louisiana Purchase.
- The Louisiana Purchase doubled the size of the United States in 1803.
- Many other countries were interested in this land because of its valuable resources.
- Many flags flew over Nebraska before it became a state.
Materials and Vocabulary