1. Name two ways in which the Pawnee helped the United States Army.
Pawnee scouts protected the Union Pacific Railroad when it was under construction.
Pawnee scouts fought alongside U.S. Army to defeat Sioux, Cheyenne, and Arapaho tribes.
2. The American Indians lived in several different types of homes. List and describe at least two of these.
3. The pipe in the Nebraska Trailblazer was made of _________ this material was found in ________ in __________. Catlinite, quarries, Southern Minnesota
4. Name three materials used by American Indians to make the spoon in the Nebraska Trailblazer.
bison horn, glass beads, horse hair, metal cones, quills
5. In Oto or Omaha, the word Nebraska means ____ ______. Flat river
6. What was Petalesharo known for? Saving a Comanche girl from being sacrificed by the Pawnees to the Morning Star.
7. Draw the design used by the Sioux on their moccasins.
8. These famous American Indian chiefs were leaders of which tribes?
Spotted Tail - Brule Sioux
Red Cloud - Ogalala Sioux
Ietan - Oto