1. What kind of land formation is Chimney Rock and Scotts Bluff? _________________
2. List some of the hardships the pioneers suffered on the trail.
3. How did the Prairie Schooner wagon get it's name?
4. What was a starting point for the Oregon and California Trail in Nebraska? ___________________
5. List three popular stopping points and describe why travelers liked to stop there.
6. It took the pioneers _______ _________ to cross Nebraska and _______ _________ to get to California or Oregon.
7. Name all of the present-day states the pioneers had to pass through to get to California starting from Nebraska.
___________________, ____________________, _______________________
8. Name all of the present-day states the pioneers had to pass through to get to Oregon starting from Nebraska.
9. Why did the pioneers use oxen to pull their wagons?
10. Why were the Mormons going to Utah?