Objectives: Pupils will
- learn the important Nebraska landmarks and their significance
- learn the names of the trails passing through Nebraska
- learn what life was like on the trail journey.
- The Nebraska landmarks helped travelers find their way to their western destinations.
- People were traveling west through Nebraska to find a better life in Oregon, gold in California, and religious freedom in Utah.
- People suffered many hardships along the trail.
- Different methods were used by travelers to transport their goods: the Mormons used handcarts for one or two years and then wagons. Other pioneers used prairie schooners or Conestoga wagons.
Materials and Vocabulary