Built in 1897, the main section of Red Cloud's Burlington Depot contained sleeping quarters on the second floor, and freight room, agent's office, and waiting room below. The building was moved here from its site near the tracks directly south of its present location. Depots and trains played a significant role in Willa Cather's life and writings, symbolizing both escape to the world and the door through which the world came to Red Cloud. Restored and donated by the Willa Cather Pioneer Memorial and Educational Foundation.
Administered by the Nebraska State Historical Society
Willa Cather Historical Center property, Red Cloud