Harvard's first library in 1885 was a traveling one established in Church's Drugstore, and moved to other buildings until Mayor George H. Thomas appointed a committee in 1914 to contact the Carnegie Foundation. Citizens pledged $3,175.25 and Carnegie gave $6,000 after approving blueprints and the site. Constructed in 1915, the library was formally opened in February 1916. As of December 2010 the library was one of only 26 of Nebraska's 69 Carnegie libraries remaining as a library.
Harvard Library Board
Dr. Don R. Gerlach
Nebraska State Historical Society, 2015
309 N Clay Ave, Harvard