Built ca. 1876, this is the house in which Willa Cather lived
from 1884 to 1890. She describes it in "Old Mrs. Harris,"
in "The Best Years," and in this quotation from Song
of the Lark:
"They turned into another street and saw before them
lighted windows; a low story-and-a-half house, with
wing built on at the right and a kitchen addition
at the back, everything a little on the slant--roofs,
windows, and doors." Restored and donated by the
Willa Cather Pioneer Memorial and Educational Foundation."
Administered by the Nebraska State Historical Society
Willa Cather Historical Center property, Red Cloud