From 1934 to 1939, Companies 2741 and 2732 of the Civilian Conservation Corps occupied a camp near this site. Barracks housed about 200 men, ages 18 to 25, who built soil conservation dams and planted shelterbelts on nearby farms. The camp moved to Broken Bow in 1939 and the buildings were dismantled. CCC camps across Nebraska and the nation provided employment and training for thousands of young men during the Depression.
Ravenna Genealogical and Historical Society
Nebraska State Historical Society
One mile southeast of Ravenna on Nebraska 2