Crounse was once a small village named for Lorenzo Crounse, Nebraska Supreme Court justice (1867-73). congressman (1873-77), and governor (1893-95). The village had a school (1870-1962), post office (1873-1901), church, general store, and creamery. Crounse School was the hub of the community. Classes met in homes until a schoolhouse was built on this site in 1873. Activities included picnics, bazaars, 4-H, and ball games. After the school closed in 1962, memories were all that remained of the community.
Dedicated to the Crounse Community
Nebraska State Historical Society
Area 6, Branched Oak State Recreation Area, Raymond