Elisha M. Lewis, early Nebraska pastor and missionary, built this French Second Empire style house in about 1878. The Syford family owned the property from 1904 until the daughter, Constance willed the house in 1965 to the Nebraska State Historical Society Foundation which is responsible for its preservation. The Lewis-Syford House is the oldest remaining building on the University of Nebraska campus. It is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Nebraska State Historical Society
700 N. 16th, Lincoln