Work Study Job Openings - Spring 2011 UNL School Year
To apply for any of our work study positions contact the supervisor listed.
Our mailing address is Box 82554, Lincoln, NE 68501-2554.
Our physical location is 1500 R Street in most cases.
Editorial Assistant: Nebraska State Historical Society - 1 position - John Carter, 471-4752, $7.25 per hour, 10-20 hours per week
The Research and Publications Division seeks a person to assist with development of Nebraska State Historical Society publications. Primary responsibilities would include researching and drafting articles for the Society newsletter, conducting historical research, digital photography, digital image processing. Some background in journalism would be helpful. Experience with digital photography and basic knowledge of PhotoShop preferred but not required. Schedule is flexible Position available all year.
Education Assistant - 4 positions - Judy Keetle 471-4757 , $7.25 per hour, up to 20 hours per week
Day/Hours needed: Tuesday through Friday 9:00 -4:30; Sat. & Sun 1:00-4:00; flexible hours to student's schedule.
- General office work, answer phones; prepare mailings
- Book and enter into a data base and confirm tours of the Museum
- Call to schedule docents as needed
- Fill brochure racks throughout the Museum and order brochures
- Compile survey information
- Enter "Trailblazer" magazine orders into data base
- Work with students visiting the Investigation Station-the hand-on learning center
Must be interested in Nebraska history and working with a variety of people: staff, volunteers, children, visitors. Comfortable with computers and making phone call regularly. A background check will be conducted. Job specific training will be provided.
Thank You for considering the Nebraska State Historical Society!