The cemetery name is adopted from a nearby stream along which Native Americans once
camped. George F. Lee donated the original land in 1866, with the first burial on September
10. Twenty-eight graves from family plots were reinterred here in 1868.
The cemetery expanded in 1884, 1912, and 1990. The chapel, constructed in 1916-17,
commemorates the cemetery's fiftieth anniversary. One notable grave is that of Barbara
Kagey Mayhew Bradway, associated with the Underground Railroad in southeastern
Nebraska before the Civil War.
In Memory of Anna Marie and Timothy D. Crook, Jr.
Nebraska State Historical Society, 2012
Northeast corner County Rd P & County Rd 70, Nebraska City vicinity