The Springfield Community Hall was constructed between 1938 and 1940 by the Works Progress
Administration, a national relief program during the Great Depression. Construction of the hall,
using sandstone quarried a few miles west of town, bolstered the local economy by employing
Since its completion, the building has provided Springfield with a public facility which has been
used for educational, recreational, and political events.
In 1998 the structure was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
City of Springfield
Nebraska State Historical Society
104 Main St., Springfield