Nebraska manufacturers have kept pace with innovations in electronics and communications through the years.
Upper left: Hy-Gain Two-Way Radio, 1976, Lincoln.
During World War II the Army Signal Corps approached Louis Francis Leuck about running a laboratory to make radio transmission crystals. Leuck Crystal Labs of Lincoln was formed as a result. The entire output of the company during the war years went to the U.S. government. After the war the company became Leuck Radio Supply, which sold radios and radio repair parts, sound, communications, and recording equipment.
Right: Patented in 1906, the Butler-Lane ringing machine, a telephone device for central offices, was produced by the Butler-Lane Company of David City. Later models appeared in Western Electric catalogs.